And some of us even have special services on Good Friday and Saturday. So there's a lot to get ready for!
With all the busy activity in the days and hours leading up to Easter, it can be hard to keep things organized and tidy - on stage and off.
So today, we talk about being prepared and keeping our tech areas clean.
This is really important, and not paying attention to a few key details could actually present a serious safety hazard to your presenters, performers, and team members.
Easter Sound Tip #3
Many churches plan special events or extra services to celebrate the Easter holiday.
If you're on the tech team, you know that there are often special requests and technical requirements that come with those changes. And our system can sometimes undergo a few changes to accommodate those special requests.
These changes can cause us to rush or overlook certain things that we otherwise might be vigilant about. Things like:
- Organizing cables on the platform and taping down any cable that crosses a pathway or could be tripped over
- Marking areas where presenters or performers will walk or stand
- Preparing our tech accessories for rapid deployment (are all of your mic stands in good shape and do you have plenty of fresh batteries?)
- Coordinating special cues with lighting, media, worship, and other ministries involved in the service
Paying attention to things like taping down loose cables on stage will not only make you safer, but you'll be more prepared for other special requests that may come up at the last minute.
And being prepared means having less stress. Which is really helpful when you finally "go live" in front of a full sanctuary!
So today, go ahead and write down a short list of things that will help you be better prepared for Easter tech requirements.
- Do you have a stash of fresh batteries?
- Need more gaff tape or board tape?
- Is your flashlight and a Sharpie handy?
- Did you fix that broken boom stand?
- Are all of your cables in working order?
- Have you received a full order of service from the pastor, worship leader, or other team director?
Be safe and sane out there. And remember to take time celebrate the real reason for your service this weekend.
Here's to keeping it clean!
PS If you missed the last couple Easter Tech Tips, you can find them here.
PPS Need to stock up on a few "backstage" items? Check out some of my gear recommendations here.