Church Sound Master Class
Where you'll get the tools to mix with confidence and deliver quality sound.
Transform your sound and take your team to the next level.
Quickly learn what makes the biggest difference in your mix.
This master class is for the sound tech who wants to get a solid understanding of what great sound is all about – without suffering through all of the confusing jargon and gobbledygook that a lot of sound courses have.
Remove the mystery and confusion, and have fun learning a thing or two about sound.
- How to build a mix that sounds great every time
- How to EQ quickly and with confidence
- Why microphone selection and placement is so important
- How to run the perfect soundcheck
- What to do if there is feedback and how to prevent it in the first place
- How to get the pastor's mic sounding great
- Where to use compression and effects
- Quick fixes for common audio issues
- Many more pro audio tips & tricks
Training that fits your needs and schedule
- Unlimited on-demand access on any device.
- Team Training option available with multiple logins & signed books.
- Instant access to the full course and bonus downloads – no waiting for training lessons.
"Church Sound Master Class has been an invaluable tool for me and my church sound team. Most of us are new to being behind the board on Sunday mornings so this easy-to-understand video training has helped us learn the basics of mixing a lot faster than only reading a book. This master class is especially useful for any AV department head at a church, regardless of your experience level."
"The videos are produced in an easy to understand and clearly communicated fashion – following a clear path from the various input types to a reliable, dependable and repeatable sound check procedure, to mix techniques for EQ, Compression and how to use Effects to enhance a mix, to mixing stage monitoring – both foldback speakers and in ear monitors, to feedback elimination and prevention. The videos can be shown on a large screen during a team training session or as a way to teach individuals who learn better by watching videos instead of reading.
The bonus downloads condense a lot of information into just a few pages and focus on the most common problems and simple, effective solutions. The Sound Check Checklist contains techniques that I have used for many years to start every mix with a good foundation to build on."
"This course was awesome! I was recruited into the sound team at my church though I had very little prior experience, but once I tried live sound mixing, I was completely hooked! The perfectionist in me compelled me to watch hours of How To videos on YouTube, which were very helpful, but this course served to expand on what I had already learned. Now I can share this course with other members of my team!"
Master Class Lesson Plan
Welcome to the Course
About Your Instructor
Outline and Objectives
Module 1: Introduction to Inputs & Basic Mixing Principles
The Channel Strip
Module 2: Mastering EQ, Compression, Mixing Techniques
Basic Mixing Techniques
Introduction to EQ
EQ Tips & Tricks
Compressors, Limiters, Gates
Mixing for Monitors
Module 3: Crafting a Great Mix, Refining Your Sound, Serving with Excellence
Building Your Mix
Mixing for Live Streaming
Great Sound for the Pastor
How to Eliminate Feedback
Pay Attention & Be Alert
How to Practice Listening
Audio Hacks & DIY Fixes
Summary & Next Steps
Wrapping Things Up
Resources & Downloads
Quick Tip Videos
3 course options tailored for your church and team
Perfect for Individual Techs
- Unlimited On-Demand Access
- 3 Modules & 23 Lessons
- Bonus Downloads, Charts & Printouts
- Quick-Tip Videos
Resources for Team Leaders
- Everything from The Tech package ($97 value)
- Signed Book with Free Shipping ($20 value)
- 30-minute Consultation ($75 value)
- Church Sound Basics Presentation PDF File ($20 value)
- Team Growth Strategies Guide ($17 value)
Full Team Training Access
- Everything from The Leader package ($147 value)
- Logins for up to 5 team members ($485 value)
- 5 Signed Books with Free Shipping ($100 value)
- 1-hour Consultation ($150 value)
- Complete Church Sound Basics Team Course Resources ($97 value)
- Downloadable Videos for Offline Access ($97 value)
Refund Policy: If you're not happy with this course or find out that it isn't right for you, simply email me within 14 days and I'll provide a refund right away.
Howdy! I'm the bestselling author of the book Great Church Sound, audio geek, and professional systems engineer. Training church sound techs how to get better sound at church has been my passion for many years.
I didn't start out as a professional though. In fact, I had no formal training prior to learning how to run sound at my church. I started out as a musician and volunteer tech at church, then quickly got placed into a leadership role. But I had no idea how to train my team.
So, I set out to find the best resources for church sound volunteers.
This course is the result of over 20 years of experience as a professional sound systems installer, tech director, and musician.
By taking this master class, you'll get to learn my process and methods that have been successfully used to train church sound volunteers around the world.