Church Sound Basics
The perfect place to start for church sound team volunteers.
- 45-minute video presentation
- Excellent for new techs & leaders
- Fast & effective team training
Discover the things that make your sound great – week after week.
- How a sound system is put together
- Why your cables are so important (and why using the right cable is CRITICAL)
- How microphones work What “phantom power” does
- What is the most important knob on your mixing console
- EQ and what NOT to do
- Why your Monitor Mix is super important
- How to do a Soundcheck - the right way
Training that fits your needs and schedule
- Unlimited on-demand access on any device.
- Team Leader package available with bonus training materials and resources.
- Instant access to the full course and bonus downloads – no waiting for training lessons.
"The video is very helpful and very easy to understand. The layman can understand the function of a PA system after watching your video. The images help to identify the various components of the sound system. The course is just right for the beginner. I like the presentation flow. Will definitely recommend to other churches and sound technicians."
"The video was very helpful. It was just right in terms of starting from the ground up, explaining everything very well, and addressing several common issues (like poor cables, setting the gain correct, how to dial in the right amount of compression). I’m hoping to gather up my sound guys for us to watch it and discuss together. I would definitely recommend it to other teams."
Church Sound Basics Lesson Plan
Welcome to the Course
EQ Frequency Charts
Cable Repair & Soldering Guide
Church Sound Mobile App
Presentation Files & Transcript
(team package only)
Team Building & Training Guide
(team package only)
Summary & What's Next
Individual & Team Leader Packages
Perfect for New Sound Techs
The individual training course is for those who want to learn more about sound and begin volunteering on the sound team. It works great as a refresher course too!
- Unlimited On-Demand Access
- Complete Presentation Video
- EQ Frequency Charts
- Soundcheck Checklist
- Cable Repair Guide
For Team Leaders
Perfect for Leaders & Pastors
Need to train your team? This complete package is perfect for team leaders and pastors who want the material to train present and future sound team members.
- Everything from Individual Package
- Course Presentation Files (PDF)
- Complete Training Transcript
- Downloadable Video for Offline Access
- Team Building & Training Guide
Refund Policy: If you're not happy with this course or find out that it isn't right for you, simply email me within 14 days and I'll provide a refund right away.
Howdy! I'm the bestselling author of the book Great Church Sound, audio geek, and professional systems engineer. Training church sound techs how to get better sound at church has been my passion for many years.
I didn't start out as a professional though. In fact, I had no formal training prior to learning how to run sound at my church. I started out as a musician and volunteer tech at church, then quickly got placed into a leadership role. But I had no idea how to train my team.
Getting volunteers up to speed was a struggle for me as a new tech team leader. It seemed that all of the training material for sound techs was too complex and full of meaningless jargon that the average volunteer just doesn't need in the beginning.
So I finally created the resource that we should have started with – a training video that covers all the important basics and gets new team members on the same page, fast.
By attending this Church Sound Basics course, you'll get to learn my process and methods that have been successfully used to train church sound volunteers around the world. In fact, I teach this exact course to all of my new techs and church sound clients.